Thursday, August 6th was Jayden's Kindergarten Graduation. He was so cute! He sang all the songs and danced all the moves. I can't believe he is FINALLY in first grade! I have been waiting for this for 2 years and now I can finally let the boys ride their bikes to school. No more toting 4 kids in the car just to pick them up or drop them off...except on the occasional rainy day of course. Woo HOO!! I hate waiting in the hot car every day with babies crying because I had to wake them up from naps...it will be so nice. Matthew received two awards for the 3rd trimester. He was "Most Improved" in his class and he also made "A B Honor Roll". This is such an improvement for him. It makes me feel so much better about the decision to put him on medication. Let's hope 3rd grade goes as well. Unfortunately, because I let them miss the last day of school I didn't get the packet for the new school year. I think the school office is closed this week so I won't be able to find out what teachers or track they'll have until Monday. DON'T THEY KNOW WHAT THE MAIL IS!?!
Friday, August 7th was Skyler's 31st birthday. All he wanted to do was go up to Utah to have some fun along with a little rest and relaxation. We left at 4:30 in the morning, in hopes that we would get to Orem by lunch time and be able to have a fun birthday lunch for him. When we were about 8 miles south of Cedar City our car began smoking. We pulled off the road and discovered it was our transmission. We were able to get the car into town and ultimately had to have it towed from that street next to KFC to the Ford dealership on Main Street. I knew at that point we were in for a major fix. I made an executive decision and called a rentl car place while we were waiting for the tow truck. After getting everything squared away, we were off again. We had a fun weekend, but the car situation overshadowed a lot of it for us. As of now, it isn't any better, but we should have our car back on Friday. At this point I am so disgusted with the thing that I don't even want to look at it, but I don't have a choice. Fixing it is cheaper than buying a new one, or at least it would have been. After this we could have put a nice chunk of money on a new one and not had to hassel with the repairs.
Anyway, here is a little slide show of our weekend. Enjoy!
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

So sorry to hear about your car, that stinks!
ReplyDeleteLove the new family photo on the top of your blog!
You guys got some really great pictures! I loved your slide show.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about the car. I love the pictures.
ReplyDelete