Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December

Oh my goodness!! I cannot believe the year is almost over. What a crazy year. This month has been full of frustration, illness, and definitely some fun.

Our little Teagan was diagnosed with allergies. Yup, allergies. All this time, the runny noses, coughing, cold like symptoms...it has all been allergies and to top it off, his immune system is compromised because of these allergies so he gets sick more often than the other boys. I'm not sure if this is a cop out or the doctor is serious. Unfortunately we are unable to find out exactly what he is allergic to until he is two. For now we have an emergency inhaler and a nebulizer. Just in case you are wondering, this all came about because he developed a really bad cough. He had fluid in his lungs, but no fever. He and I were driven by ambulance to the emergency room because his oxygen was at 92% and the doc couldn't quite figure out what was wrong. The ER doc said allergies, and so did the pediatrician so I guess they're right.

Then there is Matthew. He has been off his medication for a week and a half now. I think the only reason he isn't driving me nuts is because he has new video games to play. I decided his doctor doesn't have his best interest in mind so we have an appointment with a new doctor tomorrow. I do not want to put him on more medication. I am praying he can learn to manage the ADHD on his own. It is asking a lot, but his is not severe. I think it will just take practice and a change in his diet. I'm not making any real decisions until we see the doc.

Jayden and Logan are doing great. I asked Logan if he wanted to go to preschool or play soccer....we can't afford both right now. He said soccer. Sorry Korina!! He really needs the outside time as much as preschool so for at least the spring season he will be my little soccer man, kicking the ball down the field. I'm going to attempt putting all three boys in the league. I just hope practice sessions and games work out okay.

Christmas was awesome!! Although, we went overboard again this year. It always happens because we begin shopping in June and then forget what we got everyone. This year we hid the video games in a wrapped box in the "cave". We had all the presents out under the tree except this one. The boys opened everything and said it was the best Christmas ever. I then asked Logan to go put a toy away in the cave, so he does, and he steps right over the present!! We had to point it out and tell him to bring it out. It was so funny. The sad thing is, we didn't have to buy all those video games because the kids had already had the best Christmas ever....lesson learned. =) Honestly, I am so grateful for Ebay because we got some really great prices for them.

Christmas is not all about presents and what was so nice about this year is the boys knew it. We took the week and talked about Jesus Christ and his life, and all that goes with it. It was a really special year. We look forward to the upcoming changes in our lives this next year. I can't wait to see where we end up.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crazy time. I hope everything ends up ok for both your boys.

    ReplyDelete