Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Teagan's Birthday






Our new addition... Teagan Asher Williams was born at 624 p.m. on May 26, 2008. It was Monday morning when I began to feel the labor begin. By noon my mom was telling me to go to the hospital because I had this burst of energy and a feeling that I needed to get my house entirely clean for the next day. The contractions were there, I just didn't realize they were doing anything. At 2 o'clock we went for a little ride on the ATV's with Steve and Blake. This has become a little tradition to help the contractions along. Don't worry, I'm always very careful and I stay on flat land. =) Anyway, when I got back to the house I laid down and decided to time my contractions. About 15 minutes later they started to hurt, and gradually got worse and then all of a sudden there was no time in between them. All I wanted was Skyler to eat dinner before we went to the hospital because I didn't know how long we'd be waiting for this baby to show his face. Well, we arrived at the hospital at 5:45 p.m. and I was dialated to a 10. At 6:20 my water broke and the baby was crowned. With a couple pushes and no epideral Teagan was born.

It was an enjoyable experience, that I probably wouldn't do twice. I think I like the drugs. =) The upside is that my recovery seemed a little faster without the epideral. I don't really know if it does make a difference though.

1 comment:

  1. Your labor story is AMAZING. I'm glad that it was quick for you!!! You must be a pro by now. :)

    ReplyDelete