Sunday, August 3, 2008

This Week.....

Well, for all of you who did not hear, I was in the hospital with Teagan again this week. We've had a nasty cold virus that has hit our house. It started with Jayden, then moved to Skyler and Logan, and then of course Teagan. I took him to the hospital with a fever and they weren't going to let us go until they could pinpoint what was wrong with him. He had all the routine work ups done... spinal tap, urine culture, blood culture...all that plus a chest x-ray. Luckily the chest x-ray came back with a spot on his lungs. I say luckily because we would have been in the hospital a lot longer if it had not. We had to stay 2 days. Teagan was sent home with antibiotics and is on the mend. Oh, the spot was pneumonia that we caught very early. He's finally coughing it out. Matthew and I were able to avoid catching the virus, thank goodness.

Before all that happened, Skyler and I sold our Impala. We were looking at finances and decided we did not need a second car and could not afford to maintain a second car. So, now all we have is the van. We were able to put money into savings, which was really important to me because we used all of ours and had nothing left. It is really hard getting used to having only one car, but it was necessary and really a blessing that we had that luxury to be able to sacrifice. Anyway, we hope all is well with everyone. Sorry, no new pictures right now, but I'm sure I'll have new ones when school starts. Jayden is finally going into kindergarten!!

Love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy, Kim! I'm glad you're both alright. That's kinda scarey. I bet it's quite an adjustment going back to 1 vehicle, but that will be nice to save $.

    ReplyDelete