Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Independance Day

We spent the 4th here in Vegas like we do every year. We started the 3 day weekend off by relaxing. Its not something we get to do very much, but Friday was definitely a day off! Friday evening we were able to visit with Skyler's mom and dad from Colorado. His dad finally finished the chess table that he made for Skyler and it is now in our living room. We are still looking for a good place to put it. The table is awesome, and Dean did a VERY good job on it. We love everything he makes. Susan brought us a picnic blanket that she made out of old jeans. We used it that same night at the drive-in theater. I love the blanket. It is the perfect size, and very durable. So, as I said, we went to the drive-in theater to see Transformers. I didn't get to watch most of the movie because I was busy taking care of all the kids..well, all except Kara. Susan took care of her. Anyway, from what I did see, it is worth skipping. The action is great, but the language is awful. I can't believe they ruined a perfectly good movie with potty mouths!! Really with all the swear words, it should have been rated 'R'.

Saturday morning was spent at home. The kids were so anxious to go to Nama's to go swimming but we didn't want to get there too early because I wasn't sure Teagan would enjoy the water. It turns out he is now officially a water baby. I pulled him out to get him dry, but Skyler was still in. When he saw Dad was still in the water he crawled over and got back in. This makes going swimming a little easier. We had a bit of a miscommunication on Saturday night, so Summer, Patrick, their kids, along with the family that was in town...and Jayden went to watch fireworks at the rec center near our house while we and our other 3 boys set off fireworks at Nama's. It wasn't the same without Jayden, and it would have been nice if someone had let us know what the plans were, but we all had fun anyway. I'm slightly upset because now I have no firework pics with Jayden in them. =)

Sunday was Kara's blessing. There was no microphone so it wasn't heard very well. That's okay though, the blessing is for her, not us. We had dinner with everyone at our house Sunday night...bbq ribs, yum! It was a good end to an okay weekend. I do not have any pics to post right now because I haven't gotten around to downloading them, but I will soon. We hope you all had a happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment