Skyler has had two interviews so far. Each with places he didn't feel good about. The interviews went well, but they couldn't agree on compensation. They could not/would not pay him even close to what he was getting in his previous job, even with all of his experience. Therefore, no job was offered...thank goodness. Unemployment is a blessing, but if they offer him a job that pays less than what we an live off of he has no choice but to take it. We are grateful that these companies respected his wishes and did not offer the job anyway.
I know a lot of you reading this probably think, "You need to take what you can get" but after much prayer and fasting among other things we do not feel we are at that point yet. Skyler is starting his bachelor's program soon and with that comes a lot of stress. He will be doing a semester's worth of classes in 5 weeks and every 5 weeks with no breaks until he has that degree. Getting second job to make up the difference in income is not an option. You also may think, "Why doesn't Kim go get a job". I have an answer for that too. I'm pregnant, who's gonna hire me? I have had friends hide their pregnancies, get jobs, only to have their employer find a reason to fire them because they don't want to worry about that employee being gone for 6 weeks. That is the state of things here in Vegas. It is really sad.
We only pray that we can have the strength to endure this challenge with peace of mind and gladness in our hearts. We are very blessed to have family willing to put up with us and our 4 children and are understanding of our predicament. I don't know where we're going to end up, but I can say neither of us feel like we will be in Las Vegas when all of this is over.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment