Friday, September 24, 2010

Logan's Christlike Manners


I have done babysitting in my home for 4 years and have always talked to my children about being kind to others and being "Christlike", but with Logan it never seemed to sink in. I'd have kids in my house and he'd be such a brat sometimes! He was bossy, rude, even mean sometimes. It seems that this is the case only at home because I always here about how good he is outside the home. Since I've stopped babysitting his attitude has gotten a lot better. Maybe he just didn't like the extra kids in our house all the time. I don't know.

This week he came home from school with an award for Citizenship/Friendship!!



I was honestly just glad he is being a good boy. He was very proud of himself also.

Well, today I had the opportunity to go see his teachers to do make and take packets for home. When I was there they raved about how good Logan is. They love having him in their class. Not only that, but they told me why he received his award. There is a child in his class that is physically handicapped. He lacks the use of his right arm. Everyday Logan helps him take off his backpack and put it back on at the end of the day. On the playground Logan helps him when he has a hard time doing things like picking up a ball or climbing a ladder. The say Logan "babies" him. He is always there as soon as he needs help with something. On occasion Logan has come home telling me how some little boy has hit him or was mean to him, but he was nice anyway and I praised him for that. What I didn't realize is that the little boy he was talking about was the same little boy he helps every day. At the beginning the story warmed my heart because Logan recognized someone in need and went out of his way to help, but to know he also did it when that same person wasn't being exactly nice makes me even more proud.

We love our Logan and the sweet spirit he brings to our home. I hope you all enjoy his success as much as we do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is SOOO cool. :) What a great job you've done! You must be so pleased; I would be. Way to go, Kim.

    ReplyDelete