Saturday, February 5, 2011

Teagan


You see this little guy... the "BABY" of the family.

NOT ANY MORE!

Teagan has joined the rest of the boys and is now a big boy!
About a month ago I started taking him to go "potty" whenever I felt like it.  I just wanted to warm him up and get used to doing it.  I also did that because we didn't have the  money to buy him underwear so I wasn't in a hurry to push him to learn.  On Thursday last week he woke up, I asked him if he wanted to wear a pull up or big boy underwear... from that moment he began refusing pull ups so we started our official training. We had a lot of accidents, but new successes with each day.  As of today... I wish I could say "HE'S TRAINED", but I can't.  He is definitely trained with #1.  He even tells us when he needs to go and the only accidents we've had in the last 3 days are those that come from him missing the toilet because he is a little short.  As for #2... we're working on it.  Here is where we stand... sorry if it is TMI.

He will not poop in his underwear.  He tells me when he needs to go, BUT he is absolutely terrified to do it in the toilet.  He holds it until he can't hold it anymore and then... at least on 2 occasions, I have been able to get him to do it.  Last night was not the case.  He has caught a virus and doesn't feel good so I decided to stop torturing him and put a pull up on him.  Here's the plus side... as soon as he pooped in the pull up he came running to me crying asking me to change it because his bum was dirty.  I would say that is pretty good!  If we can just get him past his fear he will be trained.  I never count night time with these boys because it usually happens a few months after being officially day trained, but I am happy with the progress we've made in only a week's time.  I would ask for suggestions on how to get him over his fear, but Teagan is his own person.  He made the choice to potty train and wouldn't do it until HE decided he wanted to so I'm sure it is the same case with #2... he'll get over his fear when he's ready.  Until then, we are grateful for what he is doing, and pray for him, because it really can be scary for the little ones.

1 comment:

  1. All the adventures we have ahead of us!!! And by the way, the post about Ryder climbing up and getting a glass out of the cupboard was totally a joke by Austin. Austin put him on the counter and the only reason he isn't falling is because he's pushing his head against the cupboard to balance. Austin sure got a kick out of posting that, and we're going to see who else we can fool for a little while. Even my family is believing it and they see him more often! :)

    ReplyDelete