Monday, April 11, 2011

SUCCESS!!

The first week of recovery was so hard, but a miracle happened!  I woke up last Monday and didn't have to take my medication.  Over the course of that first week I was having such a hard time deciding on how I would get Riley off the bottle.  It was a inner struggle and a struggle with him.  Finally, on Sunday, after much prayer and contemplation I decided to just do it.  I refused to give him another bottle.  I had to keep reminding myself that he is new at this and he will get it.  So, I prayed for him, prayed for myself, and WE DID IT!  Riley is officially a nursing baby!  It was a great challenge, but we overcame it.  The best thing is that if he needs a bottle... like when he got circumcised on Thursday, he will take it.  This means I can have babysitters and I don't have to avoid date night or worry about whether or not he's hungry when we go to the temple.  We have been so blessed.  Just to rub it in a little because I do have the best baby in the world... he slept from 10pm to 4am last night and out of the two weeks he's been in our family he's only had 2 bad nights.  He averages 4-6 hours of sleep every night.  I LOVE IT!  He is being very good to his mom.

The boys are doing very well with their new brother.  Teagan is funny because if anyone holds him he has to go check on him, just to make sure he's okay.  He and Logan love helping me burp him and they love giving him kisses on the head.  Matthew and Jayden are doing their part by playing with Teagan while I nurse so he doesn't get in the way.  I thought he'd be like Logan and just sit on my lap while I do, but he's worse.  He likes to get right up into what I'm doing and ask questions.  A little irritating but I love that he is so interested and that he cares about his little brother.

We have been neglectful parents and haven't taken many pictures lately, but we're getting on top of it.  Riley's umbilical cord fell off last night so we'll be giving him his first bath today.

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing!!! You are very blessed to have such wonderful boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, such a stress that can now be washed away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! He is such a good little boy. Sleep is so nice!

    ReplyDelete