The month of April flew by faster than I had expected. On the 10th we had the pleasure of seeing my two nieces, Brooklyn and Bailey, blessed. We had a ton of family in town that weekend because it was also a special weekend for my Aunt's family. Her son-in-law... my cousin Emily's husband was being baptized so they all came to Vegas to support him. Unfortunately during their stay my Aunt Nancy suffered a stroke and was in a coma. We were waiting for updates daily and praying she'd pull through. Our family had an amazing spiritual experience because of this sad event. We held a family fast for her recovery and as the fast came to a close she began to respond. Many miracles have transpired because of the love and prayers of her friends and family. This last week she was able to be transported home to Utah and is now in a rehabilitation facility and making great progress every day. The power of God has been ever present in this situation and I am so grateful we have access to that power through the priesthood.
Three weeks ago... which was sometime during all that, Logan decided to climb a ladder, fell off and broke his elbow. After a week we were able to get into a pediatric orthopedist and he was casted for 2 weeks. He was so excited to be able to get a red cast. On Wednesday we go in to get it off and I'm really hoping he won't have to have physical therapy. If we do, oh well, its just part of the process.
Easter came upon us quite quickly. Skyler and I were not very prepared but the boys enjoyed the little bit that we did. Their favorite part is always the Easter egg hunt and Grandma Durrae's. Skyler did decide to ruin the fun and tell the boys that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist. It would have been fine except they shared that information with Logan, who in turn, shared it with Teagan. I guess in a way it is a good thing because we were really able to focus on the true celebration... the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
It has been a busy month and May will be no different. I'll post updated pics of Riley as soon as I take them. We've been total slackers on picture taking with this one. I'm going to try and correct that now. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment