I think our family needs a Father's Day do-over. Saturday was a great day. The house was actually clean for once so we decided to head over to Mission Park to play in the sprinklers. The kids had a blast and we got soaked. Perfect for a hot day. After the park we went to Skyler's favorite store...The Disney Outlet Store, by the Factory Outlet Mall. We didn't get much, but it was fun to look around. I then convinced him he needed new shoes so we went to the Outlet mall to find some for him. After all that we were so tired, but couldn't figure out why. Really, it was no more than we usually do and we got plenty of sleep the night before. It turns out, we both had the flu. It was sort of irritating because it had been a week since the kids had it, and I sanitized EVERYTHING, washed EVERYTHING, and made sure we were all using hand sanitizer, and washing our hands. I think maybe I was exposed to it a little too much, my body just couldn't take it anymore. The good thing is, the kids did not get it again, or at least they haven't yet. Apparently this flu likes to get its victims 2 times before it goes away. Anyway, we decided our NEW Father's Day is this Saturday. That way I have to time plan =)
We have two things coming up, Teagan's one year checkup and Logan's 2nd year follow up to his surgeries. I'm going to have Teagan tested for an immune deficiency because he is constantly sick with something. He had 4 days of being healthy this week, and this morning he woke up with a runny nose and goopy eyes...lovely.
As for Logan, we assume everything is okay, BUT we noticed an abnormality in the shape of his head. I always feel a little apprehensive before these appointments, but I'm sure everything will be okay. It is hard to explain what we see wrong, you really have to feel his head to notice, but there is something there. Best case, the doctor will say its nothing to worry about, worst case...another surgery. I'll keep you posted. His appointments aren't till the week after the 4th. We'll see the plastic surgeon on the 6th and the Neurosurgeon on the 9th.
We hope everything turns out okay with the kids, and are hoping we can fully enjoy this summer.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

That water park looks so fun where is at. I hope everything turns out with both Teagon and Logan.
ReplyDeleteWe have 2 bday parties to attend there in the coming weeks, I am sure the kids will have a blast since they have never been to that one.
ReplyDeleteAs for the boys, I hope they are both a-ok... you will have give updates. Hope you guys start feeling better soon!
What the heck?! I can't believe you guys got sick after all that time. We were lucky to not have gotten it (yet). Good luck with your do-over! Happy Father's Day, Skyler!
ReplyDelete