Friday, June 19, 2009

June Madness!

I can't believe the month is almost over!! The month began with a birthday party for my sister and I at my mom's house on June 6th. We had a good time visiting with family and eating my dad's yummy mayonnaise cake.... that's just what we call it. Its actually chocolate cake made with mayo instead of eggs and oil. It tastes a little different, but soooo good. On June 7th we got a phone call from Durrae saying Summer FINALLY had the baby. That was a huge relief. That pregnancy was so daunting...I'm glad it wasn't me. On June 8th I turned 29. Because of the baby it turned out to be a very quiet birthday. I'm actually kind of glad because I wasn't really in the mood for a lot of company. After all the babysitting I had been doing it was really nice to have a quiet house. Skyler couldn't think of anything to get me for my birthday, because honestly, I am really hard to shop for, so at the birthday party with my side of the family he decided he would let me take a trip to Magic Mountain with my sister. That means he's going to have all four kids by himself for an entire day!! Woo hoo... not for him, but for me. =) I am very excited.

On June 12th we headed up to Utah to visit Skyler's brother Austin. On the way up there was a little mishap... Teagan (who else) began throwing up. We weren't sure if it was him getting car sick, or if it was the flu. He didn't have the typical flu symptoms...diareah, fever, lethargic. He was just throwing up, so we decided to continue on. Friday, he was feeling a little better so we went to the zoo. This was the boy's first trip to a zoo. They had a lot of fun, but honestly that's a once a year thing. I mean, who really wants to walk around a look at animals all day?? Really, that's just the dare devil in me talking. It was a good educational experience for them, and we will go again sometime....maybe. =) We had fun spending time with Austin and Tori, and the boys loved the animals. For some reason Logan really wanted to see the giraffes. When we got there he was playing around and tripped. He began crying and ended up passing out. The funny part was the fact that Austin got it all on video. What are we gonna do with that kid!! I seriously worry about him going to kindergarten in 2 years if he doesn't out grow this. He's gonna freak out his teacher! Anyway, we spent most of the weekend at their house hanging out and just enjoying each other's company...until Saturday night when the other three kids began throwing up. I spent most of Saturday night and Sunday cleaning up after the mess, and sanitizing the house so Austin and Tori wouldn't get sick too. The good thing is, all my efforts seem to have paid off. None of the adults have gotten sick. We came home Sunday night, and on Wednesday the kids went back to school.

I have to say, I love my kids. They are growing up so fast, and Matthew and Jayden are becoming very responsible. The sad thing is, they have to go to school the rest of the summer. I can't stand year round education when it comes to this time of year. The positive side is, they're not home to fight and get on each other's nerves. June is soon to end and July will begin...how time flies.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Summer! And Happy Birthday! And I can't believe you guys came all the way up here and we didn't even get together!! Jeez! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!!

    Happy Belated Birthday too... my long lost friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy month. The picture of Logan passed out in your arms is so great. I could not stop laughing. Memories to last a lifetime. And hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had so much fun with you guys! Thank you for coming up!

    ReplyDelete