Saturday, March 12, 2011

Baby Shower!

Due to previous baby showers I have had I was not too excited about having another one.  My first was okay, but I was in Utah and didn't have any friends, but my family was great about taking care of me.  My second was when I was pregnant with Teagan,  We had a diaper shower, which would have been GREAT and a lot of fun, had my friends shown up.  It was mere coincidence that it landed on a weekend when practically everyone was out of town.  So, the party itself was a bit of a bust, but in the end I had 4 months worth of diapers because my family and friends came through when they got home. 

I just feel that if there is a party planned then the only way to make it fun is to have people there that you know and love.  I feared it would be another bust because a lot of people had birthday parties, or other events they were attending.  So, due to my fear, I invited over 100 people.  I have to say my plan worked!  We could not have fit any more people in the house.  The shower was fun and I enjoyed seeing many of my dear friends and family.

The downside to all this is that Skyler gave my sister the camera so she could take pics, but she gave it to me, and I was too busy mingling that I didn't take any and I only remembered when it was present time.  I gave the camera to Durrae so we didn't end up with the many pics I would have liked.  I guess you could say I was too busy having fun to remember to keep track of it on camera.

Now I have to get working on my thank you notes, but before I do...

A BIG THANKYOU to my mom, who convinced me to have a shower, to Amber and Angela for helping to make it happen, and to all of you who came.  It was so nice seeing you!  I miss you all and cherish the small moments we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment