After much consideration and failure to match schedules with the whole family we decided to bless Riley on Mother's Day. I thought it was the perfect way to celebrate. Afterall, without these little ones Mother's Day would not be possible.
Riley was surrounded by his father, Skyler Williams, Grandpa Laycock and Robertson, his uncles, Mike, Brian, and Austin, and the bishopric.
I will not give details, but as I sat and listened to this blessing, special for him, I realized this generation being born is nearing the last. We've been told for many years that we are in the last days, but his blessing made it a reality. Skyler and I as parents have a great work to do to prepare these little ones for the coming of Christ. I feel that responsibility weigh on my shoulders because of the knowledge that I have 5 future priesthood holders in my home. It is through them that great work will come to pass, through their testimonies and their example to others. I have 5 very special children in my home and on this mothers day I was more grateful for that than any other.
So, on to fun stuff. As always, we have a blast when Austin is in town. My boys say he is their favorite uncle because he has all the cool toys. For example, his mini-motorcycle. Matthew and Jayden LOVE to ride it. I have promised them that someday they will have one of their own...we'll see if I'm able to keep that promise. Skyler is going to have to learn some mechanical skills before it actually happens. I trust Matthew on the motorcycle, but Jayden.... not so much. Jayden got a little too comfy on that bike. He was going too fast around a turn and ended up flying over the handle bars when he tried to stop. THANK GOODNESS for helmets because his head bounced off the pavement. Now he knows why people wear all the gear. This is not his first crash and I'm sure it won't be his last, which is kind of scary.
We celebrated the April birthdays at Nama's house and had a pool party which is ALWAYS fun. I chose not to go swimming this time because Riley is still too little. Once the 100 degree whether rolls in, I'm sure he'll be ready. The boys had a blast. Teagan was a like a fish to water this time around. I was really surprised because at the end of last summer he still wouldn't go in past his knees and he hated it when he'd get sprayed. Not this time! He was jumping in on his own, swimming around (with a life jacket of course), and playing with the water guns. I was so proud of him. He has made great strides in the last 2 months. So much so.... HE'S POTTY TRAINED!! Totally trained... #1 and #2. He did it own his own and by his choice. I just kept asking and one day he said YES! The only thing left is training at night, which I have no control over. His body will stop when it is ready. One pull-up a day is better than 3-4. Teagan was not the only child with an achievement recently.... Logan learned how to ride his bike without training wheels! He could have learned earlier, but the street we live on is so busy. It was the first time he'd been on his bike in 9 months and he did it right away. He just needs to work on starting and stopping. We'll get to it eventually. =)
We continue to look for work for Skyler. This week he had an interview with US Bank. It went really well and we feel good about it. I just hate the waiting. I'm not patient when it comes to these things, but that is part of life I guess. I never thought I'd be excited about staying in Vegas, but I guess the prospect of life getting back to normal is enough for me. I don't care where we end up as long as Skyler is happy in his work. We should hear something at least by next week. His interviewer told him that she has 19 interviews this week, which will be narrowed down to 5. There is usually a second and third interview before the decision is made, but she said ultimately the decision is hers. So, that is where the excited/anxious/impatient feelings are coming from...I JUST WANT TO KNOW!! =)
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

Riley is so Handsome!! I can't wait to meet Him. You all look Great and Happy. Talk to you soon
ReplyDeleteSilvia