Saturday, June 25, 2011

Goodbyes

I feel like so much has happened since I last posted.  Life has been a roller coaster this year and it is not over....its the longest roller coaster ride I've ever been on.

On May 28th we had the privilege to attend the temple and see one of my dearest friends be sealed to her family.  It was a beautiful ceremony and a pleasure to visit with the family for the week.  We truely miss them and I was very glad they stuck around as long as they did.  If it were not for this friend I would not have taken the opportunity I was given to say goodbye to my grandpa.  I think at the time I was in denial...I assumed it was just another bad moment that he'd get over, but it wasn't and I am so relieved she was here to talk some sense into me and make me go.

I was able to take Riley to see him and tell him I loved him.  I know he knew, but I think I needed to hear his reply.  My grandpa has been ill for the last year and gradually getting worse.  My pregnancy prevented me from going out to see him because I was so ill so often.  I did not want to be responsible for causing an unnecessary illness in him.  I felt regret in this, but it was something that was out of my control.  He has always been a constant in my life, quick to praise and quick to correct me.  Many times he told me how pleased he was at the mother I had become.  He even praised my efforts in helping Skyler with school and informed me that it was exactly what my grandma did for him. 

I have been very blessed to have grandparents so involved in my life.  Ones that showed an amazing example of strength, virtue, love, integrity,HARD WORK and much, much more.  They worked until they could not work any more and I firmly believe now that they have left this earth their work continues in heaven. 

So this is goodbye for now...till we meet again.

1 comment: