Saturday, July 16, 2011

Riley...and other stuff


Our little angel baby is almost 4 months old!  I have been a bad mom this time around and haven't taken many pictures or video of him.  Every time we want to use the camera on him it is out of power.  REALLY annoying.  His stats at his 2 month check up were 24 inches and 12 lbs.  He has had a growth spurt since then and is finally out of newborn clothes and into 3-6 month.  Unlike my other children he is staying close to the size that suits his age.  All my other kids by this time were in 6-9 month clothes.  He is sleeping through the night most nights and has claimed the nick name "Smiley Riley".  He is a very happy boy when his tummy isn't upset.  He is very sensitive to what I eat so no spicy food, no chocolate, and no soda....well that's what he thinks anyway.  On the occasions that I feel I can handle a bout of crankiness I'll have what I want.  His brothers LOVE him and he loves them just as much.  Matthew and Jayden are learning how to change diapers and they are always quick to help hold him when needed.  That doesn't mean he always likes it though... they do overwhelm him with love sometimes.  On Wednesday morning he rolled over for the first time.  He was very proud of himself, but he has not mastered it yet.  Since then he keeps trying without success.  He just can't seem to leverage himself just right.  I was really surprised because my kids usually don't roll over till they're about 5 months.  I know 4 is the norm, but my kids never fit into the "norm".  They like to take their time with things like that.  So Logan was my youngest walker at 12 months...we'll see what Riley does.

He has been such a joy to our family. Teagan is becoming a lot more social with Riley around.  He's a lot more willing to be a big boy now that there is a baby in the house.  

So, today we finally go the Durango back...$4000 later our car is running, but not perfect.  It is basically as good as it is going to get.  At least we have a car that fits all of us now.  Things could have been worse, but we have been blessed with the opportunity to keep it for now.  I asked the mechanic if it was good enough to take out of town when we want and he said it should be.  It doesn't give me much confidence, but I'll take what I can get.  He said he's fixed everything that is fixable and it has a very clean engine right now.  

Skyler's job hunt continues.  This has been a major trial of our faith and right now we're not enduring too well.  One can only take so much rejection before it starts eating away at you.  I wish I could say we are staying positive and that we are okay, but mentally, that is not the case.  My parents have been great and they are taking care of us, making sure we have everything we need in the temporal sense.  We are counting our blessings, but the one blessing we really need has not come yet.  So, for all you church members that read this, please dedicate your fast in August to our family.  There is nothing more anyone can do... nothing more we can do, except rely on the Lord to lead us where we need to go to get what we need.  We are trying so hard to remain positive to have faith that things will work out, but it just feels like every time we see a glimmer of light something bad happens to hide it from us.  I know the power of  all of our faith, prayers, and fasting will get us what we need.  We are told the Lord is mindful of us.... I truly believe this, but it is through our faith we will be blessed.

Thank you all in advance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment