Sunday, April 1, 2012

Matthew turns 11

When it comes to birthdays this year, we have found it difficult to make good plans.  We asked Matthew early on what he wanted for his birthday and his response was, "I want to stay home from school."  So, he got to stay home.  Little did we know that he wanted to stay home so he could play video games with his dad....who happened to have started working the day before.  He was a little disappointed, but he was glad he got to stay home anyway.

Matthew has really grown up this year.  He has shown a great sense of responsibility and compassion for those around him, particularly his little brothers.  Ever since Riley came into our home he has shown great effort in making sure the little guys are happy...all of them.  He is quick to help whenever and wherever needed.  We are so proud of the boy he is becoming.  He is his own man with his own ideas and definitely his own kind of talents. 

As of late, he as steered away from drawing and gone more in the direction of physical art.  He loves the elective he has this time around and is very interested in the process of creating ceramics.  He has been checking out books from the library about origami and has become VERY good at it.  This kid amazes me.  I remember trying origami when I was younger and I just couldn't do it.  My mind does not work like that.  To please the little brothers he takes the wood train tracks and builds these intricate set ups.  The little ones like it so much they'd rather Matthew build their track then do it themselves.... I'm not sure I  like that part. 

Anyway, for his birthday we had cake and ice cream, you know where... Grandma Durrae's.  The don't get to see her as often as they used to so any chance they get they go over there. 

Enjoying cake and ice cream at Grandma's

His "best" gift... a new pogo stick... BOGOSTICK

No comments:

Post a Comment