It was Skyler's idea to make the Duke's of Hazzard car. He made two of them and was so possesive over it. We needed a "crazy car" that would be slower than all the other cars and the person assigned to it forgot to make it so I told Skyler we should use the spare car. He wouldn't let me spray paint it until he covered it in tape to preserver his work. =)
This was our first time not only participating in a Pinewood Derby but it was our first time being in charge of one. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but with the help of the parents and other people on the committee it turned out great. The boys and parents really enjoyed it.
Matthew won 3rd place over all the boys and 1st place in his Bear Den, which means he is going to the District Pinewood Derby in April. We asked him if he's excited, he said "No, I'm nervous." Kids are great!

So fun! I'll have to tell Austin about his car. :)
ReplyDelete