Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A New Adventure

I've gone crazy! Skyler and I feel like that young couple struggling through college, only we're not young anymore. Trying to live off of one income and going to school at the same time is taking a toll on our pocket book. I try to ease some of the stress by babysitting in my home, but even that only helps us get by. With 4 kids of my own I took on a baby in June last year, which has stayed steady and I am very grateful for it.

Now, with the recent changes we've had to make we've been stretched a little thin so I decided to take on another gig. I've now got 2 more I'm watching. I have to say they are very good. Logan has thoroughly enjoyed having playmates his age running around with him, and he hasn't played video games very much at all in the last week which is a definite plus.

The downside... it is track break so I've had 7 kids running around my house every day for a week now. Can we say CRAZY!! It has been a struggle at times because I have to keep my cool even when I want to lose it. Not so much with the kids I watch, but my own because they have to learn a lesson in being patient and sharing.

I have to say as crazy as it is I was really worried I'd have to go out and get a night job at Subway or something to make ends meet. We were praying for a solution and this came up, what a blessing! Although we are only in a trial period right now I am hoping that the family feels comfortable enough to keep me on because I couldn't ask for better kids to watch at this time. Time will tell. I'm just thankful for our current needs being filled.

1 comment: