On August 9th Skyler surprised me by coming home early from work, his car packed with stuff from his office. He was fired from his job. It was the last thing any of us expected. The reason they gave him was completely outrageous. I'm not going to get into details because it causes a lot of bad feelings in me. I will say that we contacted a lawyer and there is nothing we can do about it. I say to all of you, be thankful if you live in a state where they have to have a reason to fire you. Be thankful for having an income, no matter what the amount.
To cut costs we have moved out of our house. We were in the process of losing it anyway so it wasn't a big deal to move. We are now living with my parents. This has been a huge blessing because they have been very gracious to take in our family of six and they have also been very patient with the kids. I have to say this first week of school has been hard because my mom comes home tired, with good reason, and my children are having a hard time getting back into the school year routine.
Okay, more changes... so about a week before Skyler was fired we found out I am pregnant with number 5! We haven't been "trying" but we also weren't stopping it either. I have always had great faith in the Lord that he will provide for our needs as long as we do what we are supposed to do. There are things that we slack on, but over all we try to be faithful to our beliefs and practice those things we are supposed to do such as fulfilling our callings, praying daily, scripture study, and serving others. As we all know it is time consuming, but it is key to keeping the spirit with us each day. I keep reminding myself that these trials are for my benefit. There are days when we feel down and like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, but then there are other days when people shine their light and show us that things aren't so bad. I can't help but think that having to get medicaid for my pregnancy is a good thing. Now I don't have to worry about saving money just to have the baby. I still get to see my regular doctor and I am very thankful for that.
I feel like I'm rambling... so if you actually read all that I'm surprised. =)
FYI- we have our needs taken care of, we are doing well and we're doing everything we can to find Skyler a new job. I am looking foward to the blessings and challenges we have in store.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment