I am such a lucky mom this year!! I have 3 of my four kids in school!! Matthew is now in 4th grade. I am so pleased with the teacher he got this year. She comes from a big family, grew up with boys, and knows that boys are rambunctious and doesn't expect them to have a prim and proper attitude like girls. She is LDS, a former Primary president twice over, and was a stay at home mom until she was 42! I honestly couldn't have asked for anyone better for Matthew. He is hesitant about school, but so far he has made an effort to get outside the box. He and Jayden have the same lunch again, but this time they don't play together. Matthew plays basketball with some kids he doesn't know. They aren't very nice sometimes because he isn't as good as them, but he doesn't let it get to him and he plays anyway. I'm so proud of him for making that effort.
Jayden is in 2nd grade this year. He doesn't seem as excited as other years, but he is doing well. His teacher didn't really say much to us at the meet and greet, but she seems nice. He is making an effort to be on his own also. They have electives every Friday and he did not want to pick the same ones Matthew picked.
Logan is in the Pre-k program through the school district. He has an IEP that focuses on behavioral issues. Logan is a very smart, sweet boy...when he wants to be. Over the last year when I had him at home, at library, and other pre-school classes he has shown behaviors that I saw in Matthew at his age. This was a red flag for me so we had him evaluated at child find. He has many behaviors that point to him being ADHD but we are unable to get a proper evaluation without an outside source...thus, the reason he is in the pre-k program. This is going to give him the advantage that Matthew did not have and hopefully by next August he'll be ready to enter a classroom of 25+. He LOVES it. He gets to ride on a bus to and from school and he goes Monday-Thursday each week. I love it because he is on the P.M schedule, which is just the time I put Teagan down for a nap each day!! That means Mom gets a nap too if I need it!! =)
I am looking forward to the new adventures this school year. My boys are growing up so fast, but I am soaking in every second of it. The older they get the more independant they become and I love it. I wish I could say I was one of those moms that wants my kids to stay a baby forever, BUT I DON'T!! I love how fun they are as they get older. They get to share in my intersts, I get to see them grow and learn on their own, I have partners in crime! How much better can that get?? LOL
I.E. - I have been so anxious for Matthew and Jayden to reach 54 inches so I could take them to Magic Mountain and show them REAL thrill rides. They both got there about the time I got prego so now we have to wait until next year to go. =( See, growing up is awesome!! =)
I have to say, we're all kind of bummed out because we had to cancel our annual Disney trip this year. Logan doesn't realize it is cancelled and keeps asking about it...poor guy. Hopefully this mess will get worked out soon so we can start planning another one.

Kim - You are awesome! I am the same way with my kids. I love them when they are babies but I really love it when they are independent and can go to school. I love seeing them learn and develop real interests.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about Skyler's job but like you said there are blessings in disguise around every corner. Please let me know if you need anything!
Well happy that your kids and YOU are enjoying the school year!!
ReplyDelete