I know all of you probably read that title and thought, "Skyler found a job!!". Sorry, that's not it. The good news is that our welfare and unemployment has been approved! It has been a very stressful month of wondering and hoping and praying it will all work out. My parents have been a heaven sent by letting us live with them. Although, I have to keep telling myself we're not the only one's who've had to live with family. The love and support have made this trying time a little easier.
I had to get proof of pregnancy for welfare so I could get health insurance so my due date according to the Health District is April 5th. That is still to be determined, but it is not too far off. I'm sure once I get into the doctor I'll have an ultrasound to get an official due date. So far the pregnancy has gone well. I actually had morning sickness this time but I'm now over it for the most part. Thank goodness! The only time I feel it anymore is in the evening and only if I don't get my nap in the afternoon. Weird.
Skyler is continuously looking for employment, but we keep running into brick walls. At least that is how it feels. Inevitably we ended up declaring bankruptcy and we are surrendering our house. This affects his employment opportunities because for some reason employers think that pulling credit is a good way to weed out the people who are worth hiring and those who are not. I think it is discriminatory and should be illegal. We have so many people in the nation and especially here in Las Vegas that would be GREAT employees, but have had a bad run of luck, like us and are being denied employment opportunities due to a credit check. I am seriously considering writing the state or federal officials about it. It just should not be allowed. How are people supposed to pay their bills if they don't have a job??
Okay, enough with that rant. The boys are doing great in school. Matthew and Jayden have the same recess again, BUT they don't play together. I am actually excited about this because Matthew is getting out there and trying to play with other kids. They aren't being very nice, but still, he's getting out there and he's not letting it bother him. Matt loves his teacher, but he only sees her maybe two hours a day at most because he has a different teacher for each subject. Over all he likes all the teachers, but when offered an opportunity to switch classes he chose to stay. I'm glad that is what he chose because I REALLY like his teacher this year. Jayden hasn't said much. He is happy when he comes home and his work isn't too hard. He's making friends easily and excited about going to school every day. What more could I ask for? Logan keeps asking me if he's going to go back to his old preschool. I have to say he has learned more in 3 weeks than he did in 3 months at this old preschool. I am so excited about his development so far. They managed to teach him how to hold the pencil properly, which is something I've been working on for 2 years! They did it in 2 weeks! Amazing. Now that he's holding it right we've got to work on teaching him to put pressure on it so he has more control.
Teagan gets upset everyday Logan gets on the bus. I don't know if it is because he is jealous, is going to miss him, or if it is that he knows it is nap time. LOL. Whatever the case it is a blessing to have him gone in the afternoon because I cannot live without my nap.
So, overall, the Williams family is doing well. We are looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us and we are definitely learning humility and patience. Probably a lot more than that but I haven't figured it out yet. =) Oh, just a few announcements!
Skyler is on his last class for his A.A. degree!! 8 weeks left!
We have moved stakes so Jayden's baptism is now November 6th so mark your calendars!
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment