As stated in an earlier post, Matthew and Jayden are at a new school. I switched at the perfect time because this week was Nevada Reading Week. The new school had a lot of fun activities for the kids to participate in. I love this school because it is totally geared toward families. The most fun activities were on Thursday and Friday.
THURSDAY
FAMILY PICNIC/BOOKNIC
Mom and Matthew

Dad and Jayden [with the child I watch crying cuz he wants out. We saved him. =)]
THURSDAY NIGHT
FAMILY SKATE NIGHT @ CRYSTAL PALACE

Matthew making his way around the rink

Jayden before he got on the rink

Jayden holding onto the wall for dear life as he is about to fall to the ground.
Matthew and Jayden after Jayden gave up trying to skate.
Jayden is not meant to be on wheels! The poor kid couldn't even hold himself up. We got around the rink one time and that was all he could manage. He did have fun playing the arcade games and visiting with new friends. Matthew is a natural. A little bit more practice and he'll probably outskate me. Although, he probably already could considering that was my first time in 15 years. The extra weight does not help the balance. LOL! Thank goodness I was holding the camera!!
FRIDAY
BIKE RODEO
I have heard of other schools that do these, but I had not experienced it before. We really enjoyed the something new.
They had four courses set up for the kids to ride through and then they had a policeman and fireman come and talk to them about safety. The kids really enjoyed it. I think the adults would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so HOT! I know, I'm complaining about heat already. That's not a good sign. =)

Jayden riding through one of the courses

Jayden eating his popcicle and checking out the cop car

Matthew moving between courses

Matthew enjoying his popcicle because he was "SO HOT!!" He was so excited that they had green. I love my crazy children.
I was doing too much video taping and didn't take enough pics of the whole thing.
This was a great week and the school totally won over my children with all their activities. I'm really glad we made the switch.
Kim that is such a great picture of you! I am so happy you joined the same school as us!
ReplyDelete