Skyler and I have spent the last month or two trying to figure out which path to take. We have been looking at different career paths, looking for one that will utilize his creativity, yet pay well enough to support our ever growing family. This has been an issue since he started school, but it felt like crunch time. I feel like I have to thank Grandpa Harold for this. On Saturday he was asking me about Skyler, how he's doing in school, how the job search is going, etc. He asked a question that turned on a light bulb. "Is Skyler interested in computers" at the time I answered, "I don't know".
I pondered this question for a couple days until I asked him. I was praying for some direction, some way to help him make this very important choice. So, two days ago I finally asked him. I found a degree program that has everything he wants... earning potential, utilizes his creativity, and gives him satisfaction. One thing I've seen in Skyler during these many years is that he loves to fix things. Honestly he's never been that good at it, but he's persistent, and most often he actually succeeds. The pride I see on his face when he accomplishes little tasks that seem out of his comfort zone is refreshing. After some pondering and prayer, it didn't take long for him to receive his answer and with that answer came a great sense of relief. He finally knows what to do. Here's the plan:
He's going to spend the next 1 1/2 years+ working on a Bachelor in Information Technology with an emphasis in Database Administration. We have a long term education plan that we'll be keeping to ourselves for the time being because as we all know, plans change.
What I am most proud of is that Skyler is finally taking the reigns. I no longer have to push, he only needs my love and encouragement. That in itself gives me great relief.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment