Friday, January 28, 2011

PINEWOOD DERBY!

This is the scouting event the boys look forward to every year. I have to say my boys were very involved with their cars this year. The did everything except the sawing of the wood. Skyler, of course, did his touch ups to make them look good. Overall they had a lot of fun making them and a lot of fun racing.

In the beginning Matthew's truck was the fastest... until it bounced off the track. It landed badly and one of the wheels bent. We didn't realize there was a problem until it was too late.
Jayden's car did exactly what we expected... chased the other cars. He did pretty good, but we knew it wouldn't be as fast as the others. He told us he didn't care because he was going for "cool". Everyone loved his car so I guess he succeeded at that.

In the end neither of my boys won places in district, but I'm not disappointed. We ended up skipping it last year, and considering it will be right around the time I'm having the baby, I'm glad it turned out this way.

1 comment:

  1. I love little Tegan in the background with his own little car. Nice job boys!

    ReplyDelete