My little Logan, the sweet joy in my life, the one who always wants to "be a good boy" turned 5 on Saturday. I cannot tell you how excited he is to FINALLY be 5. He has been talking about turning 5 and going to kindergarten since he turned 4. Mostly because when he turned 4 and found out he was not going to kindergarten he was very disappointed. While he didn't get to go to kindergarten, he did get to go to pre-k which he is thoroughly enjoying.
It is hard to believe is he this old already. It seems like yesterday we were celebrating his first birthday in the hospital after his reconstructive surgery. I love each of my children for who they are, but Logan and I have a special bond stemming from that experience. He is my little angel. He has an overwhelming desire to always choose the right. Things don't always work out that way, but he is sincere in his desire.
Today he told me the following:
"Mom, I can be reverent in church now because I'm 5"
"Mom, I can be a big boy and help with the chores, because I'm 5"
"Mom, I can eat all my dinner now, because I'm 5"
To which I always respond, "I'm so glad you're 5 now"
I think it is so funny that all the little quirks he has are magically fixed because he's 5.
Last night we held a little birthday gathering at Grandma Durrae's house, that was supposed to include all the cousins near his age. Unfortunately the only one that made it was Alexa. It saddens me that he did not get to enjoy his celebration with them, but nevertheless, he had a great time. So, it was a small gathering of our family, theirs, and Nama and Grandpa Harold. We thank everyone for the gifts. He has officially played with everything and he wore his new Sunday clothes to church today. Although, I did forget to take a picture, he was so handsome in them and he was definitely excited to wear them.
Below is a little slideshow. I wish I could get better pictures of my birthday boy but he is not very good at posing for the camera.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment