I really need to update my blog with other stuff, but I haven't gotten around to uploading pics yet. I will soon!!
Today I am thankful for being here on earth, for being tried and tested so that I can learn to be more like Jesus Christ. We have had many... many trials over the last couple 5 years. Our downpour has lasted about that long so far and to be honest, I don't expect it to stop any time soon. Through all of the trials we have faced I think I have finally learned how to react.
We went out of town for the week to give my mom and dad a break from the kids and just as we were about to come home we discover our tire is flat. For those of you who don't know, we now drive a durange with BIG tires and because it is new to us we had barely a clue how to change the tire. Skyler was stressing out, but I found myself looking at all the positives. Skyler then looked at me and said, "stop being so optimisitc". That is what I've become... I take care of the problem, look at the positive side and move on. This is why I am so thankful for my trials. I have finally learned to be OPTIMISTIC. There is learning in all things and how we react to a situation ultimately determines what we learn from it.
In some ways I hope for a day when I can stop worrying about the major things in our life, like a job, cars, food on the table and so forth, but in other ways these worries keep me humble and remind me of why we are here. We must experience all things so that we may know the good we have.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment