Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10

I was reading a friend's blog today and read a comment that totally brought me to tears. This is a very easy thing to do lately, but when I relayed my feelings to Skyler it actually brought him to tears too.

I am thankful for those who have passed before me. For those who are more experienced and are willing to share their time and talents in teaching me how to be a better mother.

As a teenager, nobody thought I'd be a "good mother". I was fiesty, I didn't really enjoy taking care of other people's children. There were only a couple select children that really touched my heart and I would be willing to watch. As I have grown into adulthood, that aspect of my life has drastically changed. I embrace motherhood, I embrace learning from other mothers, and I love my children and those children I work with.

So, going back to the beginning of this blog... the comment was regarding those who have passed on, and how they embrace our children before they ever come to us. Before my grandma got too sick to speak she had a very brief conversation with me. She told me how proud she was of me and how pleased she was that I have raised such good boys. She gave me her wisdom regarding them and my husband. I have this new spirit, this boy, growing inside me and that comment made me think of her. She was a great example in my life and I loved the time I was able to spend with her. It gives me comfort to think that our ancestors are up there preparing our posterity for their time here on earth. It also makes me cry, because this world is not the end all of life. There was life before and there will be life after.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe anyone could have thought you wouldn't be a good mom because you seem to be such a natural! I too have been grateful lately for those who have come before me who have prepared me and my children for this time. So glad to know what I know.

    ReplyDelete