Today I am thankful for teachers. I had parent teacher conferences with Matthew and Jayden's teachers today and ended up spending what should have been a 20 minute meeting, but ended up being close to 40 minutes each. Each show a great love for my boys and their well being. They gave us great tips on how to help them improve in their academics. One piece of advice that I absolutely loved was from Matthew's teacher. She told him to relax, don't worry about mistakes, and don't bother erasing, just scribble it out and move on. Matthew is a perfectionist, he can't stand it when he messes up so to have his teacher encourage him to steer away from that was a relief. It will help him to not get so stressed and if he follows the advice he may even finish his assignments.
Jayden's teacher told him she loves having him in class. He is officially her top student. She would like to see him change his "meets" to "exceeds" because she knows he can do it. She sees that he can but he either holds back or he doesn't work as hard as he can, which is something I see too. He's all about getting the assignment done so he can do fun stuff. He figures if he knows enough to pass that is good enough. Silly boy!
Logan had a Thanksgiving party today in class. I found out that he has stolen the heart of the principle there. She loves him and enjoys how much he talks. She must be one special woman because he talks so much I sometimes tune him out. =) His teachers rave about him every time I see them. I can't even begin to describe how happy it makes me feel to see him doing so well. OH, I also found out the he can go across 4 monkey bars... that's 3 more than this summer! =)
All these educators are making my children's lives better and truly care about them. I'm so glad I chose to put them in the schools they are in.
Boys are Insane
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment