Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 8....and 9

I totally forgot to post yesterday. There was just way too much going on. Yesterday was little it stressfull because of computer stuff. We were trying to update Austin's Ipod before he went back home, but no such luck. Our external hard drive was pulled to the floor and broken. We tried to get it repaired, but ended up trashing it because it was irrepairable. This loss was devastating because about 5 months ago our desktop was dying and before it did I backed up ALL our pictures, movies, home videos,Nintendo DS games and Itunes (20 days worth of music) onto this external hard drive. Thank goodness I'm not the kind of person who blows up because Skyler was very close to doing so. What's lost is lost and there is nothing we can do to fix that.

So, in all "thankfulness" I had a hard time being thankful for anything yesterday because so many memories were lost, but after some research I have become thankful for the INTERNET!! I was in the process of uploading pictures from our files to Walmart.com and Picasa. I didn't get nearly enough done, but I at least have most major events, such as birthdays and funerals uploaded from 2007-2009. Most of our 2010 is lost, unfortunately. We were also able to look up a way to transfer all the music files from Skyler's ipod to our computer! That would have been a devastating loss for Skyler because he cannot live without that ipod. I tried it this morning and it worked!

I am also thankful for my procrastination because I had a lot of home video saved on our video camera that I kept meaning to move to the hard drive and never did. Sometimes procrastination can be a good thing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment