Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day #3

Today I am thankful for government assistance. I know, who wants the government in their life? Since Skyler lost his job we have been so blessed because of government assistance. Our family medical bills are paid for through Medicaid, we are able to buy food at no cost to us through the SNAP program, WIC provides us with even more food, nutrition classes, and even lactation consultants for those who need it, and the employment agencies provide lists of thousands of jobs for Skyler to apply for. Unfortunatley, most of them don't fit the description or income level he needs, but none the less it is there.

In a day when we have too much government I find myself very thankful for the welfare program. We could not survive without it. I just wish there were more people using it because they need to rather than abusing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment